Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sean Farrow 22 posts 42 karma points
    Dec 04, 2012 @ 08:27
    Sean Farrow

Facebook-like wall

Hi:

Has anyone ever written a facebook-like wall functionality for umbraco.

This doesn't seem hard to do the only issue is allowing Members as aposed to users to publish content.

I've got an edit profile page containing several user controls.

What I'd like to happen is to allow a member to publish content if they are on this page and are loged in.

Anyone got any ideas as to how to do this--I'm assuming to create a page the member needs to be a user.

Any thoughts/advice?

Cheers

Sean.

• Fergus Davidson 309 posts 588 karma points
    Dec 04, 2012 @ 09:29
    Fergus Davidson

Hi Sean

i have done something similar using Contour. http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour ;

Contour allows you, if you didn't already know, to build forms through the Umbraco back-end, then deploy them on the front end of the site.

In addition to the standard behaviour of storing all submissions in the back-end, you can also set up a variety of workflows, one of which allows you to create nodes and publish them live on the front end.

the alternative is to create your own controls, but that is not my bag at all, someone else will better be able to point you in the right direction as far as that is concerned.

i hope that might help a little.

• Sean Farrow 22 posts 42 karma points
    Dec 04, 2012 @ 12:03
    Sean Farrow

Hi:

That's interesting as we're looking at using contour for most everything else!

Can you explain a little more what you had to do within your workflow?

Cheers

Sean

• Fergus Davidson 309 posts 588 karma points
    Dec 04, 2012 @ 12:08
    Fergus Davidson

no problem, it's quite simple:

1 - in the workflow, choose 'save as umbraco document'

2 - choose a document type in the drop-down - this will prompt you to map the various fields from the form to the document type

3 - click to select if you want to publish the content instantly

4 - choose where to save in the site

click to update and you should be good to go.

best thing would be just to have a go and see if it works for you, while Contour is licenced, you can use it for free on localhost for testing.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft