Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marc-Anthony Taylor 55 posts 68 karma points
    Dec 17, 2012 @ 16:31
    Marc-Anthony Taylor

dialogHandler_temp.Create() causing a nullReferenceException

I am trying to replicate the create content function for a custom context item. When I click create I get the following NullReferenceException, can anyone suggest anything. (I have asked a couple of times--perhaps not as clearly-- but I am desperate, I only have 3 days of my internship left and this would be a great way to go out)

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.presentation.create.dialogHandler_temp.Create(String NodeType, Int32 TypeId, Int32 NodeId, String Text) +278
       OptionalMultiLangPage.DoCreation() in c:\inetpub\wwwAmaris\optional_multiLang.aspx.cs:116
       OptionalMultiLangPage.SbmtClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwAmaris\optional_multiLang.aspx.cs:97
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +154
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3803
    Dec 17, 2012 @ 16:36
    Marc-Anthony Taylor

I am using v4.9 -- sorry, should have mentioned that

Dec 17, 2012 @ 17:43
    Marc-Anthony Taylor

I got this sorted. It took me a while to realise that helper.Request("nodeType") wasn't to return the new node's type, rather the xml node value of what is being done. This must be assigned somewhere out-with the the Umbraco Content class so I missed it. It should be set to the value of "content".

My code now looks like:

privatevoidDoCreation(){if(!Page.IsValid)return;conststring xmlNodeVal ="content";var nType =int.Parse(nodeType.SelectedValue);var nId =int.Parse(Request["nodeID"]);var rName = rename.Text;var returnUrl = dialogHandler_temp.Create(xmlNodeVal, nType, nId, rName);var cur =Current;if(cur !=null) cur.ClientTools.ChangeContentFrameUrl(returnUrl).CloseModalWindow();}
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft