Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sundip 76 posts 339 karma points
    Jan 07, 2013 @ 22:55
    sundip

Merging one website to other Umbraco installation

Hi,

I really don't know if this is easy or complicated, but very urgent for me.

I have created few state website for USA, all on seprate umbraco installation. Also, there is a main usa website from where you can select the state. Each and every website has a different domain.

Now, client wants to make all state websites under main USA website, means from seprate domains to one domain like www.maindomain.com/ca or www.maindomain.com/az. 

Before, going manually one by one, I want to know if there is any solution to copy one umbraco installation into the root of other installation under new directory.

I mean, can I create a directory named 'ca' under root of USA umbraco installation and copy the installation of main California website ther. Would that work?

Or is there any other way to merge those websites into one?

Thank you for helping..

Sundip

Jan 08, 2013 @ 21:32
    sundip

Anyone has idea regarding above?

• Dallas 132 posts 404 karma points
    Jan 08, 2013 @ 21:57
    Dallas

Hi Sundip

You might be able to do what you want with a custom package. Have a look at the Packages node in the developer section. Right click on Created Packages to create a new package. This gives you a tool to select the content, doctypes, templates etc that are to be included in the package. Once you save the package you can download it as a zip file.

You can then install the package onto the 2nd site. The content will be added to the root of the site. 

Dallas

Jan 08, 2013 @ 22:03
    sundip

Hi Dallas,

Thank you for reply.

I tried that, and installed the package on the other website's developer section. That overwrite the old one and I had a lot of rework for it.

I have a main website usa.com already running on umbraco. I have california state website running as california.com on another umbraco.

Now, I want to include california under usa.com like usa.com/ca.

In this case how could I add the california without any effect on currently running usa.com website.

Thanks again,

Sundip

Jan 10, 2013 @ 16:26
    sundip

Any idea?

Solved:

- Install fresh Umbraco (Same version) inside virtual directory under root of main.

- Create a package from the existing website and include xslt, macro, document types and macros.

- All remaining css, scripts, dlls, copy them manually through ftp.

- Make sure the connection string is the same as the existing website, this will create same content pages.

Thank you,

Sundip

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft