Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders 27 posts 47 karma points
    Aug 25, 2009 @ 18:47
    Anders

How to change the umbraco frontpage

Hello

How can i change the umbraco admin frontpage? I mean how can i place my own content there?

Regards Anders

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Aug 25, 2009 @ 19:35
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Anders, 

Can you be a bit more specific. I'm not sure if I understand your request very well? You can't rebrand the admin as rebranding is prohibited for the open source version. You'd need at least a Pro version (http://umbraco.org/tour/for-professionals/umbraco-pro/what-version-is-best-for-me)

If this is not the case, then please rephrase your question.

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Masood Afzal 176 posts 522 karma points
    Aug 25, 2009 @ 19:40
    Masood Afzal

If you want to add a .net control in admin area, you can do it by adding reference in dashboard configuration file (in config folder).

For example to add a control in developer section, add following code to dashboard file.

<section>
        <areas>
          <area>developer</area>
        </areas>
        <tab caption="Error Log">
          <control>/usercontrols/Elmah.ascx</control>
        </tab>
      </section>
  • Anders 27 posts 47 karma points
    Aug 25, 2009 @ 20:00
    Anders

Hello,

When you log in to Umbraco, you just see a white page. I would like to insert some custom content f.ex. google analystic. I know that its possible, cause when you install Creative Website Starter they change the frontpage.

Hope you understand

Regards Anders

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Aug 25, 2009 @ 20:21
    Dirk De Grave

Ok, so Masood just given you the answer to do so. As in his example, build a user control Elmah.ascx, compile and build and throw the assembly in the /bin folder of your umbraco install, the usercontrol in the /usercontrol directory (or another folder, but it's best to put all user controls in that folder), configure the dashboard config as Masoon outlines and you're set. Do not forget to restart the application, otherwise the changed config won't be read again. If you want the output of the user control on the 'Content' dashboard, as is with the CWS, you'll have to change a single line of code:

<area>content</area

instead of

<area>developer</area>

And btw, there's a great GA package already existing here.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft