Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chuck Camps 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 19, 2013 @ 17:31
    Chuck Camps

Looking for calendar/event module

I'm looking for suggestions on a calendar / event module for umbraco.  I need something that allow the admin to set up events (with recurrsion if possible) including locations.  The web site will then display the events in a calendar or list format and show the locations on a map (using either google or bing).  I'd also like to be able to assign categories to events and allow the web site user to filter on these categories.  I could build something like this from scratch but wasn't sure if there were any modules that already existed that did all or part of this.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jan 19, 2013 @ 17:41
    Tom Fulton

Hi Chuck,

These are the only two prebuilt packages that I know of, but I think both are a bit older:

PDCalendar

uCalendar

It's not that difficult to roll your own in Umbraco/.NET, I think the hardest part though might be the recurring events. 

-Tom

• Chuck Camps 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 19, 2013 @ 18:22
    Chuck Camps

Tom,

Thanks for the reply.  I will take a look at these and maybe use one as a starting point.  I've written similar things but not in Umbraco.  Recurring events is the hardest part.  Maybe that will be a phase 2 implementation. 

• Ken Dimmer 13 posts 72 karma points
    May 30, 2013 @ 18:06
    Ken Dimmer

Chuck, what version of Umbraco are you running and which of these packages did you have the best success with or did you build your own?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft