Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vamsi Kalam 15 posts 35 karma points
    Jan 28, 2013 @ 22:08
    Vamsi Kalam

Umbraco site renders properly only on IE

Hi,

We have a Umbraco site that was designed by a person who no longer works for our company. The site renders properly on IE but not on any other browser (Mozilla, Safari, Chrome). Could someone help me resolve the browser issue.

Thanks,

Vamsi

Jan 28, 2013 @ 22:15
    Vamsi Kalam

I am unable to find the css script that detects browsers.

site address: www.archetypemortgage.com

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jan 29, 2013 @ 03:08
    Tom Fulton

Hi Vamsi,

Umbraco doesn't really have any effect on your front-end CSS, so this shouldn't be an Umbraco issue but rather just a CSS fix.  You can access the templates and CSS under the Settings area of Umbraco.  Unfortunately I don't know much about IE issues, but if you point a designer to the CSS/templates they should be able to tackle it.

Hope this helps,
    Tom 

• Nathan Woulfe 447 posts 1664 karma points MVP 5x hq c-trib
    Jan 29, 2013 @ 05:12
    Nathan Woulfe

Hi Vamsi

Tom's right - looking quickly at that site, the html is far from best-practice (it's a table-based layout for starters). The presentation issues won't be stemming from anything Umbraco related, it's all in the html/css. 

cheers
    Nathan

Jan 29, 2013 @ 16:32
    Vamsi Kalam

Hi Tom & Nathan,

Thank you both for your responses. Unfortunately we don't have a designer in house and so are having difficulty modifying the css to render our site properly on all browsers. It's working only on IE.

Thanks,

Vamsi

Jan 29, 2013 @ 22:49
    Nathan Woulfe

Hi Vamsi

I can take a crack at it if you like - drop me an email if you want to discuss it further nathan at nathanw.com.au

cheers

Jan 30, 2013 @ 16:43
    Vamsi Kalam

Hi Nathan,

Thank you very much for your help on this. Could you please send me the correct email address. I have made some changes to the css but it still doesn't render perfectly on other browsers. Could you please take a look at our site when you get a chance.

www.archetypemortgage.com

Thanks,

Vamsi

Jan 30, 2013 @ 22:32
    Nathan Woulfe

Vamsi - [email protected]. To ensure the site renders cleanly cross-browser, the html needs a fair bit of work. Like I said, drop me an email and we can talk about it further.

N

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft