Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Sapountzis 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 13, 2013 @ 00:42
    Anthony Sapountzis

Admin Section: Node with Multi Node Content Picker Property and 10,000's of items

Hi, 

We have been developing a custom system for a client using Umbraco and have it almost completed. We have started the initial data import process for the system and are beginning to see some extremely slow page loads. 

We have installed uWebshop and have a product node that has a property of a multi node content picker that is set to select from a "Barcode Repository" that we set for a custom document type of "Barcode". 

Using the CMSImport we have imported some sample files for the barcodes of the products and we one product we are testing with that has 30,000 barcodes attached to it. When click on the speicific product in the content tree it takes up to 10 minutes to load the content of the node.

When viewing the details of a product without the barcodes we don't have an issue, however each products will have 10,000's of barcodes attached to it.

I have tried using uHidesy and Attack Monkey Tab hider but it seems they only hide tabs/properties in the view using JS/jQuery which does not prevent our issue.

have looked into events in the Umbraco API but I couldn't find anything to do with node loadgin when clicking on an item within the content tree of the admin section. 

Is there anyway to speed up the process?
    Are we able to prevent the property from being loaded when the node is being loaded in the admin section?

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Feb 13, 2013 @ 10:40
    Hendy Racher

Hi Anthony,

What sort of picker are you using ? I wonder if the uComponents XPath AutoComplete datatype might help, as it can uses ajax requests to check for matches rather than load all the 10,000's options onto the page (which I'm guessing is the slow part).

HTH,

Hendy

• micagordon 5 posts 54 karma points
    May 05, 2015 @ 10:13
    micagordon

Which bar code you were using? UPC code? Or EAN 13 code?

• micagordon 5 posts 54 karma points
    May 05, 2015 @ 10:14
    micagordon

Which bar code you were using? UPC code? Or EAN 13 code?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft