Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Frederik T 234 posts 345 karma points
    Feb 18, 2013 @ 13:49
    Frederik T

4.9 syntax highlighting in 4.7?

Yeah, this might be a simply "yes/no" question but couldnt hurt to ask:

Is it possible to integrate the new code editor/syntax highlighting introduced in umbraco 4.9 (or was it 4.8?), in umbraco 4.7? Is it even possible? Will it break too much? Will it still be possible to update the installation?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 18, 2013 @ 20:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Frederik

I guess it would be possible to do. But I'm not sure how much work it would require though.

But why not simply just upgrade the installation in question to latest stable version of 4 instead? Many bugs have been fixed as well, which could perhaps benefit you?

/Jan

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 19, 2013 @ 09:34
    Jeroen Breuer

Like Jan said it's probably better to just upgrade to the latest stable version of v4, but if you don't want to do that it should be possible to take changes from 4.9 and use them in 4.7. You can use TortoiseHg to compare the versions and see the changes.

Jeroen

• Frederik T 234 posts 345 karma points
    Feb 19, 2013 @ 10:42
    Frederik T

Thanks for the replies :) It was merely a thought that crossed my mind than something i would actually do. If you have said "oh just copy these two files and it will work and wont break compatibility" then i might have done it. Of course, doing a proper upgrade is the best method, and one i do later on. But asking never hurts :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft