Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Alcock 113 posts 176 karma points
    Feb 26, 2013 @ 16:08
    Peter Alcock

Default new usertype

Hi all,

Hoping for some help on this one, not too familiar with amending the back end code for umbraco so please bear this in mind!

I need to change what usertype is set for new users by default so instead of administrator it defaults to a new type created 'Member', from what I have researched so far I need to amend the 'events' but unsure how to do this.

Could some one give me almost a 'for dummies' guide how I can do this? If im honest im not even sure I have the correct project code to be able to amend the DLL's & CS files!

Any help would be apreciated!

Pete

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 26, 2013 @ 16:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pete

What is it you're trying to achieve above? My bell rings when I read "users" section and "Member" in the same post since people tend to confuse the two.

So I just want to be sure that we're talking about users or members here? If it's users why would you create a user type called members? Is it to be used with a protected area on the public facing part of the website or what is the intention? And if so then you really should use members since users are only for providing editors access to Umbraco :)

So let's get this out of the way before delving into how it can be solved.

/Jan

• Peter Alcock 113 posts 176 karma points
    Feb 26, 2013 @ 17:00
    Peter Alcock

Hi Jan thanks for the reply.

It was users I was reffering to it just happens I named a user type 'Member' Im not actually sure how the members system works being honest.

Basically I have built a website on which subscribers register with the business, when logged in the 'Member' usertype only allows them to view the content dashboard which I have customized (In this case displays webinar connections), the business owner currently has to create each user after a registration form is recieved but the defualt usertype is adminsitrator so to stop accidently making an administrator I wanted the default usertype to be 'Member'.

Hope that makes more sense!? Im open to better solutions using members if you would be so genrous as to give me a little insight how it works!

Cheers

Pete

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft