Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Davide Oliva 35 posts 199 karma points
    Mar 14, 2013 @ 15:34
    Davide Oliva

list members by membertype

Hi there!

Our umbraco 4.7.2. website, in prospect, will give access to about one hundred and fifty members, subdivided in two membertypes (about 30 and 120 for each one respectively).
    to help the people who will insert and edit the profiles of the members we would like to show their members according to MemberType.
    Some of you have already had this need?
    Do you have any advice?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day! :)
    Davide

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 14, 2013 @ 15:44
    Hendy Racher

Hi Davide,

How about:

IEnumerable<Member> members = uQuery.GetMembersByType("memberTypeAlias");

or do you mean by configuring a datatype in the back office ?

Mar 14, 2013 @ 16:06
    Davide Oliva

Hi Hendy,

Thanks for your fast reply: If it is possibile, I would like to give my colleagues the possibility to browse members by membertype in backoffice.
    I wonder if someone has already extended the backoffice to realize this behaviour.
    Thanks!!!!
    Davide

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 14, 2013 @ 16:17
    Hendy Racher

Hi Davide,

Custom section with tree to group by type ? or you could configure the uComponents XPath AutoComplete to allow selection of members of a certain type - use two of these ? but that doens't really allow browsing...

(as it happens there's a new datatype (currently named XPath Sortable List - it's in deveopment but functional) in the latest uComponents source that can be configured to render a list of members for selecting, have their text labels prefixed with their type name, and grouped)

Hendy

Mar 14, 2013 @ 16:37
    Davide Oliva

Thanks! I will look for the creation of a custom section with a tree like one that you have suggested. Any suggestion about this?
    Davide

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft