Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• vladzebu 59 posts 346 karma points
    Sep 07, 2009 @ 14:46
    vladzebu

windows server 2008 publish problem

I have my website on Windows server 2008 and the data base is on sql express 2005 on other server with O.S Windows server 2003. 

When i published an item appear to be published but when i refresh the item is not published .

Best Regards , Vlad. 

• vladzebu 59 posts 346 karma points
    Sep 07, 2009 @ 14:54
    vladzebu

Other problem is when i publish all site the asp .net pool will crash . 

I have a copy of site on a windows server 2003 OS and everithing work perfect . 

Best regards , Vlad . 

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Sep 07, 2009 @ 15:24
    Peter Dijksterhuis

I'd check and double-check all permissions. Does the user that runs the application-pool have enough rights?

• Petr Snobelt 923 posts 1535 karma points
    Sep 08, 2009 @ 08:55
    Petr Snobelt

Check permissions and then you can try look at umbraco.config in data folder, if is changed after page publish.

• Zach 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 15, 2009 @ 22:24
    Zach

vlad - did you resolve your problem with the AppPool crashing?  I am experiencing the same problem on server 2008.

• Jameskn 64 posts 78 karma points
    Sep 17, 2009 @ 01:47
    Jameskn

Have a good look at your event log it will often tell you the cause of the crash. If you cannot see it ask you isp for a quick look for you, it will save you hours of time looking at permissions. I put all of my umbraco sites into there own separate app pool that way if they crash they dont take down any other site. TBH though nearly all crashes are security issues lead and most will actually tell you in event log which part of the site and which user the site is trying to use which makes it very easy to debug.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft