Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sangeeta 20 posts 80 karma points
    Apr 12, 2013 @ 13:44
    Sangeeta

creating Entry form in Umbraco for Add/Edit/Delete/Search functions

This is repeatedly asked many times, however i couldn't find appropriate solution for my problem.

I want to create an Entry Form which will consists of following elements:

Text boxes, drop down fields (auto populated) , check boxes , radio buttons

After my research

i found that i need to create user control, or script file for above form and access it via Macro.

I don't want to use User control as my first preference is to controller-View-Model (i.e. cshtml)

I want to follow MVC approach to create above form. So

1) Do i need to create a seperate project for Add/Edit/Delete/Search Data Entry form? 2) OR i need to create cshtml file for the same(not so clear about this approach)

I'm looking this data entry form with easier for customization and i could use it in other applications as well.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 12, 2013 @ 14:27
    Dave Woestenborghs

I think SurfaceControllers is what you need : http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Mvc/surface-controllers

Dave

• Sangeeta 20 posts 80 karma points
    Apr 12, 2013 @ 16:14
    Sangeeta

@dawoe , Yes your right, it seems to be my solution. I gone through documentation part. but couldnt understand how to create surfacecontroller???

I do it via Umbraco Backoffice?

or visual studio?

if with visual studio ? then where to i actually create the surfacecontroller.?? it seems as if all action will be calling surfaceController only and views will be rendered from this controller only.Please correct if i'm wrong it understanding this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft