Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Martine-McEvoy 24 posts 109 karma points
    May 07, 2013 @ 22:28
    Robert Martine-McEvoy

Setting a Content Tree's StartNode on demand

Using Umbraco 6.0.2, .NET 4.0, Windows 7, IIS Express

To provide some context on what we want to achieve, We are setting up a custom Umbraco section for our client to do their own administration. We have a main site and each store will have its own microsite. Stores is a doc type with content, various properties, and acts as parent for any subpages a particular store might have.

We have a client admin who will be able to approve content generated by each store manager. Since there will potentially be hundreds of stores, we'd like for the client admin to be able to select a Store from a list on a seperate aspc page, hit a button, and see the content tree for just that store, either in a new page, or under the current custom tree. We do not want to set or reset client admin's startnodeid, becasue if they tried to navigate to some of the other custom pages we've setup for them, content from the main site will disappear.

I've spent quite some time on this and I can't find a way to dynamically set the start node for a tree and re-render the tree with the new value. I've tried doing this in the standard custom content tree implementation (to display the content under a node in the custom tree), as well as through overriding FilteredContentTree (to display as a TreeControl on a new page), but I keep hitting a wall as to where or what I need to initalize to trigger the tree to refresh. Is this possible at all? I can hard code the start node and have seen examples that do just that, but that's not really useful for what I need the custom tree for.

I can post some examples of what I have a little later as well.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft