Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Danny Douglass 28 posts 43 karma points
    Sep 17, 2009 @ 20:08
    Danny Douglass

Custom File Types Not Being Served

Greetings,

I have a scenario involving a custom file extension (.fcc) that is used for our SSO product.  Umbraco (v. 4.0.2.1) sits at the root of the website and then there is a virtual directory /sso/ that contains all the SSO application code (not a .NET application).  I've tried adding the value /sso/ to the umbracoReservedPaths, but that doesn't solve the problem.  I no longer receive the Umbraco error, but now I get a 404.3 error.  However, the file does exist.

I stress that last point as I attempted a test to see if this works without Umbraco at the root of the website.  I changed the path of my default website to a folder that simply contained a default.htm file.  The virtual directory /sso/ was not changed or moved in any fashion.  I was then able to hit the .fcc login page and successfully sign on using my SSO.  Since I am able to hit the /sso/login/login.fcc page I confirmed that no other change was necessary in IIS (as far as MIME Types, Handlers, etc. are concerned).

How exactly does Umbraco ignore reserved paths?  It doesn't seem like it is completely ignoring the path /sso/login/login.fcc (the page that returns the 404.3).  Any ideas on how to get around this issue?

Thanks!

• Danny Douglass 28 posts 43 karma points
    Sep 17, 2009 @ 20:31
    Danny Douglass

Correction, the 404.3 error occurs when trying to directly access the .fcc page.  When I go through the browser I receive a Http 405 error.  Also, I'm running IIS 7.

Thanks.

• Petr Snobelt 923 posts 1535 karma points
    Sep 17, 2009 @ 22:15
    Petr Snobelt

You can try comment handlers and modules in web.config and try it. Maybe this way you can get closer.

• Jannik Nilsson 38 posts 81 karma points
    Sep 18, 2009 @ 09:01
    Jannik Nilsson

Try just ignoring /sso

Leave out the last slash

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft