Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• nadine 25 posts 75 karma points
    Jun 20, 2013 @ 15:15
    nadine

Page flickering when clicking on a menu item

Not sure where to post this but I have a really weird issue...I have a new Umbraco site on my local machine which I've migrated to an external server. It seems to work well  enough locally but when I look at it on the external server it momentarily reloads the background image but retains the background colour causing it to flicker.Anyone else experienced this issue? Any suggestions? If this is a caching issue where do I change the settings in Umbraco? If it's the CSS why would it be fine on my local machine? Works fine in Firefox, Safari.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 20, 2013 @ 19:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nadine

Is this happening on the actual website you're building? If so then it's not an issue related to Umbraco but to your frontend code.

There can be many reasons for this.

Are you using an online font-service for for getting nice fonts on the website? Are you relying on some external javascript to load something? Do you see any errors in the browser console? Are you loading content with javascript? etc. etc.

There more information you can provide the easier it will be to help you.

Cheers,
    Jan 

• nadine 25 posts 75 karma points
    Jun 24, 2013 @ 04:06
    nadine

Hi Jan

Thanks for your response, I have a javascript fading image that includes a javascript file but I've commented that out and any other possible influences like you suggested but I'm still getting the issue - here's the link to show you what it's doing... http://comoprimaryschool.webvault.ws/ as I said it's only doing it in IE10.

I haven't been able to trace any errors.

My only other thought is that I had a few issues with publishing and had to restore a different copy of the database over the top. All of the nodes seem to have been restored except for 3 top level nodes which were published in the previous version of the database and not in the new one. Somehow the code still thinks they are there and as they are clearly not in the new contents list so I'm unable to delete them. To get around it I have just had to exclude them from the menu in the xslt. (1170 is the site map) Beats me where the node data is stored because I've scoured the database.

<xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::* [@level=$level]/* [@isDoc and string(umbracoNaviHide) != '1' and @id != 1170 and @id != 1129 and @id != 1130 and @id != 1131]">

In any case I wouldn't have thought excluding them would delay the page as much as it is to cause it to flicker.

Regards

Nadine

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft