Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Torbjørn 12 posts 32 karma points
    Sep 23, 2009 @ 08:18
    Torbjørn

Creating a Silverlight 3 UI for info kiosk - by newbie

Hi,

(Not sure if I am posting this question in the correct forum)

I just discovered umbraco, and I am wondering how I can use it to power a Silverlight UI to be used for information kiosks at a museum? I typically need 10 kiosks each presenting their own theme. Within each theme there will be sub-themes with articles, pictures and videos.

Would you recommend me to use umbraco for this? If yes, can you point me to where I can get started? Any examples doing this already?

Best regards,

Torbjørn

Sep 23, 2009 @ 09:15
    Torbjørn

I read this post: http://devnet.kentico.com/Blogs/Petr-Vozak/February-2009/Data-communication-in-Silverlight-2-0/Windows-Communication-Foundation-(WCF).aspx

It explains how to get data to a Silverlight application using WCF, which I guess is the preferred way.

Assuming this is a good suggestion, I need to extract data from umbraco in a WCF web service.

I assume this is described in the wiki or elsewhere already, but can anyone confirm my strategy? And potentially direct me to a sample or alternative strategy?

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 23, 2009 @ 09:16

Hi,

Maybe this project can get you started: http://silverlightumbraco.codeplex.com/

• SiKo279 82 posts 238 karma points
    Sep 23, 2009 @ 09:37
    SiKo279

Could not upload file
    System.Exception: Error unpacking extension... ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.getFileName(String path, String fileName) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.LoadConfig(String tempDir) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.Import(String InputFile) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.Import(String InputFile) at umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.uploadFile(Object sender, EventArgs e)

When installing the package I get the error above :(

Sep 23, 2009 @ 11:37
    Torbjørn

Thanks Tim!

I'll look at this project. First I need to set up umbraco, though...(and perhaps I'll get the same error as SiKo279).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft