Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joachim 16 posts 36 karma points
    Aug 06, 2013 @ 00:32
    Joachim

CropUp - Non existing Paths

Hello, I have a bit of trouble with CropUp.

I am trying to get the path of the cropped images with this:
    {cropup:UrlByMediaId(1233, 'banner')} it returns a link as this: /CropUp/banner/media/3913/exampleimg.png
    The problem is that there is no folder named CropUp? how can I make it return a link like: media/3913/exampleimg_banner.jpg ?

I am using CropUp 1.0b9 on umbraco v 4.11.3, is there a problem between those two or is it just simple to fix what I am experiencing?

Thank you.

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 06, 2013 @ 07:29
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Joachim,

The trick with CropUp is that the initial /CropUp/ "folder" in the URL will trigger CropUp's HTTP handler and serve the right image, so if you're not getting any images, CropUp most likely didn't install correct...

BTW: The URL pattern with the cropname suffixed (e.g. "imagename_banner") is the pattern the built-in Image Cropper uses.

/Chriztian

• Joachim 16 posts 36 karma points
    Aug 06, 2013 @ 10:52
    Joachim

I also thought it might have been the installing procedure that has been screwed up:
    As I said I am using CropUp 1.0b9 on umbraco v 4.11.3, is there a problem between those two?

I have installed this way:
    Installing package by localfile in umbraco.
    Adding datatype named CropUp - render control: Eksponent CropUp
    Editing Media Type - Image - adding Image Cropper - Type CropUp (datatype)
    Now the problem is that it does not read any of the predefined sizes in the Eksponent.CropUp.config, it is linked in the web.config.
    Any help, maybe link to a installation guide for CropUp 1.0b9?
    And the package cannot be Uninstalled through Umbraco Package, something that is very annoying - is there compatibility issues with CropUp 1.0b9 and umbraco v 4.11.3? I cannot find anything on the website.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft