Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joseph 59 posts 140 karma points
    Aug 14, 2013 @ 02:13
    Joseph

Multi-node tree picker with built-in search

Hello

I am working with a client who has a large, multi-faceted Content tree. As such it is oftentimes cumbersome to look for/select content on multi-node tree pickers. One idea to improve this situation is to introduce a search dialog (similar to the one that sits next to the Create button at the top left corner of the backoffice) to the control to help find specific content (i.e. by name). This is on Umbraco 4.11.8.

Has anyone done this previously before? Alternatively, has anyone solved a similar problem with a simpler solution?

cheers

Joseph

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Aug 14, 2013 @ 09:27
    Jeroen Breuer

Hi,

Try some of the autocomplete datatypes that uComponents has. I think the XPath AutoComplete is exactly what you're looking for.

Jeroen

Aug 15, 2013 @ 23:16
    Joseph

Hi Jeroen

Thanks very much for your suggestion! Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem completely: the client wants both the auto-complete field as well as a node picker and for both to feed into the same list of selected nodes.

If nothing like this has been implemented thus far, could you point me to where I need to go to get the necessary resources to implement this?

cheers Joseph

Aug 21, 2013 @ 22:46
    Joseph

We've decided to use both datatypes and consolidate the results by hooking into the document save event.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft