Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Niclas Schumacher 67 posts 87 karma points
    Oct 08, 2013 @ 15:53
    Niclas Schumacher

Upgrade examine / Lucene

Hey Guys. 

Are there any way to upgrade the version of Lucene umbraco is using ? i would very much like to get some of the new functionality, such as shingle and spellchecker. Im not really using examine for searching, mainly lucene. So can i work around examine some how ? 
    if i upgrade in my usercontrol, i get an error, it dosn't allow to have different versions of same DLL. 

- Niclas Schumacher

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Oct 08, 2013 @ 16:50
    Ismail Mayat

Niclas,

What version of lucene are you using? What you can do is for that version eg 2.9.4.1 goto the contrib packages and download versions that work for that lucene version download the package i have found spellchecker

Could not find shingle but you could dowload shingle source and build to that lucene version? Else you would need to create your own custom examine build with whatever lucene version you need but then you may have build issues.

Regards

Ismail

• Niclas Schumacher 67 posts 87 karma points
    Oct 09, 2013 @ 09:49
    Niclas Schumacher

Ismail, 

im gonna test if 3.0.3 really does contain what i want, if so. Can i disable the umbraco Examine, and do indexing myself? Is examine a big deal of umbraco, or is it possible to exclude it, in favor of enabling a newer version of lucene. 

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Oct 09, 2013 @ 10:13
    Ismail Mayat

Niclas,

Examine is used for the internal index so the internal search box and also i think for media when using UmbracoContext least I think that bit is true as i had media path issue when getting media and it fixed path when i rebuilt the internal index so removing it completely may give you issues. I would go for easiest route which is to find the packages in contrib for the specific lucene version.

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft