Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob Watkins 369 posts 701 karma points
    Oct 28, 2013 @ 18:46
    Rob Watkins

Customizing MultiNodePicker selections

I have a couple of requests from a client I can't see how to do at all.

The site uses the multi node picker to select qualification nodes to apply to qualified entities.

The requests are twofold:

1. The qualifications have very long names - is it possible to change the tooltip from "Sync tree" to the node name? Or if not, to override the styles and make them multi line?

2. The qualifications can be put on hold by unpublishing; is it possible to have a different look to selected items that point to unpublished nodes?

I was hoping it there would be MultiNodePicker usercontrols, but it seems not. I presume it could be done by creating a new datatype by subclassing the control and overriding the render, but ideally, I'd like a quicker and cheaper option!

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Oct 29, 2013 @ 10:31
    Hendy Racher

Hi Rob,

Perhaps this new multi-picker datatype XPath Templatable List could be the sort of thing you're looking for ? (I've been using it on projects, but should be released in uComponents v6 any day now).

It allows you to use a macro as a rendering template for each item in the select-from and selected-items lists, so you can style it however you wish.

HTH,

Hendy

• Rob Watkins 369 posts 701 karma points
    Oct 29, 2013 @ 18:21
    Rob Watkins

Wow, that looks really good, thanks, definitely be using that in future!

However, it would be a fair amount of work to replace a live system with that, there are lots of qualified entitis with lots of qualifications!

Doubt I'll be able to convince the client to go for it, so ideally I'm still looking for a MultiNodePicker solution!

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Oct 29, 2013 @ 20:10
    Rich Green

Looks great Hendy!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft