Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dany Wu 81 posts 114 karma points
    Oct 10, 2009 @ 00:58
    Dany Wu

Adding back end functionality to a Document Type

Hi folks, I've got a particular document type for our guestbook entries. The usercontrol for entry form submits the entries to Akismet for evaluation. In cases of false positives I'd like the functionality to submit it to Akismet. Unfortunately I don't even know where to start! Can someone please tell me how this can be implemented? It'd be great if someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers,

Dany.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Oct 10, 2009 @ 01:27
    Aaron Powell

So your form submits the data to Umbraco and Akismet or just to Akismet? I'm confused.

There are a few ways which you can interact with Documents in the back end:

• Hooking into the Event Handlers on the Document class (umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document) and setting events to fire when saving happens, creating happens, etc
    • Creating a custom data type which you could put a button on for users to click and do stuff with
    Oct 10, 2009 @ 01:40
    Dany Wu

Sorry, I didn't describe everything fully.

Each entry is submitted to Akismet and emailed to me. If it passes as ham it's saved as Umbraco document but not published. I manually verify that Akismet got it right then publish/delete it appropriately. What I would like to do is have a couple of buttons in the backend document editing section (is that what's called the Dashboard?) to submit corrections to Akismet. I hope that makes better sense than my initial post.

D.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Oct 10, 2009 @ 02:14
    Aaron Powell

It depends on how you want to manage the documents and in what volume. If you to be able to approve multiple documents in a single click then I'd go with a dashboard control. Otherwise you could just use the standard Umbraco publish mechanism and event handlers (if you need additional stuff to happen)

Oct 10, 2009 @ 02:42
    Dany Wu

Thanks for that...I have managed to google some stuff on creating dashboard controls. I think that will be the best way to manage this. Thanks again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft