Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AndrewSwerlick 5 posts 25 karma points
    Nov 11, 2013 @ 19:34
    AndrewSwerlick

Belle custom property editor, issue using on member

I've created a custom property editor for umbraco 7, using the tutorial found here http://umbraco.github.io/Belle/#/tutorials/CreatingAPropertyEditor. The editor seems to be working in most scenarios, however it seems to fail when I attempt to add the property to a member type and edit the member. Specifically it fails if I try to change the users password, or try to login as the user.

Tracing the issue through the code, this appears to be related to how Belle tries to handle legacy pieces of the api. The error I get specifically is n: The specified node cannot be inserted as the valid child of this node, because the specified node is the wrong type. at System.Xml.XmlDocument.AppendChildForLoad(XmlNode newChild, XmlDocument doc) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at Umbraco.Core.XmlExtensions.GetXmlNode(XNode element, XmlDocument xmlDoc) in c:\Users\aswerlick\Documents\GitHub\Umbraco-CMS\src\Umbraco.Core\XmlExtensions.cs:line 296 at Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.BackwardsCompatibleData.ToXMl(XmlDocument data) in c:\Users\aswerlick\Documents\GitHub\Umbraco-CMS\src\Umbraco.Core\PropertyEditors\BackwardsCompatibleData.cs:line 52 at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.property.Property.ToXml(XmlDocument xd) in c:\Users\aswerlick\Documents\GitHub\Umbraco-CMS\src\umbraco.cms\businesslogic\Property\Property.cs:line 124 at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.XmlPopulate(XmlDocument xd, XmlNode& x, Boolean Deep) in c:\Users\aswerlick\Documents\GitHub\Umbraco-CMS\src\umbraco.cms\businesslogic\Content.cs:line 402 at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member.generateXmlWithoutSaving(XmlDocument xd) in c:\Users\aswerlick\Documents\GitHub\Umbraco-CMS\src\umbraco.cms\businesslogic\member\Member.cs:line 830 at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.XmlGenerate(XmlDocument xd) in c:\Users\aswerlick\Documents\GitHub\Umbraco-CMS\src\umbraco.cms\businesslogic\Content.cs:line 394 at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.member.Member.Save() in c:\Users\aswerlick\Documents\GitHub\Umbraco-CMS\src\umbraco.cms\businesslogic\member\Member.cs:line 685 at umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider.ValidateUser(String username, String password)

Stepping through the code, it looks like the XML generated by BackwardsCompatibleData.toXml, is just a CDATA tag which is not valid at the root of an XML document. Additionally, it looks the the Property.Value is always null for my property.

Is this a bug in Umbraco 7.0.0 or is there something wrong with my property editor?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft