Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Justin Spradlin 139 posts 347 karma points
    Nov 14, 2013 @ 17:26
    Justin Spradlin

Macro Property Type - How do I pick only children of the current document?

Hello,

I am trying to make a new macro property type editor. Ideally, I would like to use something like MultiNodeTreePicker to limit the choices to picking only child elements of the current document/node. If anyone has ideas on how I could leverage MNTP as a macro property type editor, or extend the existing content picker to only start at the current node in node search I'd greatly appreciate it.

For the background I am trying to build a quiz question and I'd like to be able to create inline "multi media playlists". The plan is to have two document types Question and PlayList. The playlist will have all of the information required to render a playlist (table of video clips). The question will allow multiple child playlist elements.

I am planning to use a Macro to render the playlist. I would love for the editors to be able to use the rich text editor to insert a "PlayList" via the macro button on the toolbar. When they choose the playlist renderer macro in the toolbar, I'd like them to use some sort of content picker to pick the desired playlist to render. I have this partially working right now with the current "content picker" macro property type, however the picker starts at the root of the document tree. I'd love to filter to start at the parent question node and allow the user to pick ONLY playlists below the current question.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Justin 

• Justin Spradlin 139 posts 347 karma points
    Nov 14, 2013 @ 20:10
    Justin Spradlin

I wasn't able to get this working due to time constraints, however is someone wants to look into it, I think this post might help http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/36187-Custom-Content-Picker.

I was able to implement what I need using a simple drop down list without a tree picker. If anyone wants the code check it out here https://gist.github.com/justinspradlin/7472514.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft