Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ian Robinson 79 posts 143 karma points
    Nov 26, 2013 @ 15:14
    Ian Robinson

Is it possible to use views and controllers in the back office?

Hi,

I need to create some functionality in the Umbraco back office, to allow an administrator to upload a list of member details from a CSV file and the system takes that list and creates each as a member in Umbraco.  The list of members will be in 100, maybe 200 at a time and no more.

In the past I would do this using a webform page, where the administrator can upload the file, and I would make this page and form available from the dashboard of the members section.

I wanted to double-check though if I can do this using views and controllers yet, rather than a webform?

The umbraco instance I'm using is v6.0.5.  The front end of the site is built with surface controllers and forms but can I use these in the back office?

• Ali Sheikh Taheri 470 posts 1648 karma points c-trib
    Nov 26, 2013 @ 17:06
    Ali Sheikh Taheri

Hi Ian,

this is a great blog post from Tim and I guess that's what you are looking for.

EXTENDING THE UMBRACO BACKEND USING MVC

Cheers

Ali

Nov 26, 2013 @ 17:51
    Ian Robinson

Thanks Ali, I'll take a look at Tim's post tomorrow.  It looks like it might be just what I need!

Dec 05, 2013 @ 18:50
    Ian Robinson

Ali's suggestion was what I was after, but due to the deadline I'm up against, I'll have to look at this later.  Possibly when I upgrade the site to Umbraco 7.  Right now, I'll soldier on with good old web form user controls.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft