Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sangeeta 20 posts 80 karma points
    Jan 24, 2014 @ 18:38
    Sangeeta

Integrating existing website design in ublogsy blogs

Hi,

I'm developing a site in umbraco, and integrating uBlogsy in it. But the problem is , uBlogsy offers its own look n feel. However i want to have my existing website desing in Blogging part as well..

Does any one knows, how can i do that? is there any automation avaliable for the same?

OR if any steps i need to follow?

Thanks in advance.

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Jan 24, 2014 @ 20:08
    Dan

Hi Sangeeta,

All of the templates in uBlogsy are editable and the logic is split into components that can in theory be used in different ways, so it should be possible to get this integrated into your site - although it may require a lot of time in restructuring the mark-up and CSS. Off-the-shelf blogs always seem to be like this - they include a deceptive amount of functionality and they do take time to wrangle into some other form.

An alternative approach, if you wanted something simpler, would be to write your own basic page listing document types and then add some of the blogging functionality to this. Several of the components within uBlogsy have actually been split out into their own packages so you could integrate uCommentsy, uTagsy, uDateFoldersy into your own 'vanilla' solution to make it more like a blog. So this works the other way in that you start purely with your own document types and templates etc and enhance them with blog features, in order to get full control from the start.

I hope this is helpful. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft