Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert 27 posts 226 karma points
    Feb 16, 2014 @ 18:10
    Robert

Custom membershipprovider, thoughts

Hi,

After some serious fiddling with custom membership providers i just want to air my findings and hopefully get some input however this is sane :)

My members is stored elsewhere and retrieved using a API which returns JSON as the result, no worries there.

So, i create a new MyMembershipProvider : MembershipProvider, does the necessary web.config settings and all is working as expected.

But now i need to be able to edit the members using Umbracos backend, i can expand the members node, search among them and select an member.

When the member is show not all custom properties are displayed, not using the default "Member" type anymore since this is an custom provider.

The dilemma is, should one build a new custom section in order to show, edit, create new members, in other words, new views, new Angular controllers etc, or is there some other way, smarter, to make this work?

I could build all logic by my own and just hide the built in "Members" node, but is this right?

Thoughts?

Best regards Robert

• Robert 27 posts 226 karma points
    Feb 19, 2014 @ 13:17
    Robert

Well, not much of a discussion here :)

I did build a new section for members, hiding the built in one, in order to handle my own specific properties.

The custom properties are stored in authentication cookie using a custom IPrincipal and FormsAuthenticationTicket.

//R

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft