Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Travis Lightbourne 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 28, 2014 @ 16:37
    Travis Lightbourne

Render partial view macro with angularjs property editor

I'm using umbraco 7 and am in the process of making a custom property editor with angular js. One requirement I have for it is that once the user selects a particular string using the editor, it will automatically pass that string as a parameter to a partial view macro to be run in the template. My hope is that all the backoffice user will have to do at that point is insert the Umbraco PageField for the property into the template and the partial view macro would be run with the selected value.

I assume this is possible since the rich text editor property editor appears to be doing this very thing when you use it to insert a macro. Can someone help me with the basic steps involved in accomplishing this?

• Tom 119 posts 447 karma points
    Mar 29, 2014 @ 22:27
    Tom

Hi Travis

Maybe start by checking the umbraco.controllers.js and umbraco.services.js files in the umbraco/js folder. There is a service defined call macroService. Maybe that can be used.

*Edit

The function "InsertMacroController" in umbraco.controllers.js seems to do some macro rendering, maybe steal a little code from there.

• Arunabha Das 38 posts 151 karma points
    Jun 17, 2014 @ 17:46
    Arunabha Das

Hi Tom... Got any solution ?? ... i have similiar situation.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft