Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Duncan McDougall 35 posts 62 karma points
    Oct 28, 2009 @ 11:08
    Duncan McDougall

Creating Package Manually?

I believe I have the correct format for my package.xml including actions but recievethe following error when uploading the zip

Could not upload file
    System.Exception: Error unpacking extension... ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.LoadConfig(String tempDir) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.Import(String InputFile) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.Import(String InputFile) at umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.uploadFile(Object sender, EventArgs e)

What is the purpose of the hash-named folder that Umbraco creates when downloading a package created using the package tool?

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Oct 28, 2009 @ 12:42
    Aaron Powell

Out of curiosity, why did you create it manually and not using the UI? My first guess is that that is where the problem is.

The purpose of the hash-named folder (actually, GUID named I believe) is a unique identifier for that package

• Duncan McDougall 35 posts 62 karma points
    Oct 28, 2009 @ 14:47
    Duncan McDougall

I would like to have more control of the package.xml generation to insert my files into appropriate folders e.g place my dlls into /bin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft