Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fernando Camillo 41 posts 82 karma points
    Apr 03, 2014 @ 14:57
    Fernando Camillo

Page with .net UserControl macro stops working with (apparently) no reason

Hi.

I have a page with a .net UserControl macro made with WebForms and only code behind. It's a simple macro with a textbox and a button, to make a search in a database table, and display the result list.

The macro works well, but, for some unknown reason, stops working after some time, with no clues from Umbraco trace, Windows Event Viewer, or html source code. The button simply does nothing.

A touch in web.config solves the problem... until next stop (usually some hours).

Anyone have any clue?

More details:

• Umbraco 4.5.2
    • Macro made with .NET 3.5 with only code behind
    • Windows Server 2003
    • No caching in macro code (code behind)
    • Macro properties:
      • Use in editor: No
      • Render content in editor: No
      • Cache periodo: 0 seconds
      • Cache by page: Yes
      • Cache personalized: No
    • The page in content uses the Macro Container in a property to select the macro.

I also tried to rebuild the macro DLL, change the code, change de HTML, check for broken HTML...

Thanks.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 03, 2014 @ 15:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Fernando

What does the macro do? Does it fetch some data from a 3rd party service? Or does it do something with data from within Umbraco?

/Jan

• Fernando Camillo 41 posts 82 karma points
    Apr 04, 2014 @ 14:07
    Fernando Camillo

Hi Jan.

The data come from 3rd party: an Oracle database. I have other similar macros with no problem.

I know it's very hard to discover, because can be an error in my code. But because touching web.config solves it for a while... I'm suspecting about caching or something like.

Thanks

Fernando

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft