Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Torben Warberg Rohde 35 posts 89 karma points
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 11:18
    Torben Warberg Rohde

Getting the UKFest sample to work

Hi all,
    I'm trying to build a custom section for Umbraco 7. I have found the learning curve to be fairly steep, and the documentation to be fairly hard to find (most resources are small fragments of a solution, assuming deep knowledge of both Umbraco and AngularJS).

I finally stumpled upon this

https://github.com/perploug/UkFest-AngularJS-Demo

which seems to be a fully functioning sample, showcasing a lot of the different stuff needed to make a complete backoffice section.

Some stuff have changed since the sample was created - so I have fixed the manifest (found in the pull request), and changed this:

var node = CreateTreeNode(person.Id.ToString(), queryStrings, person.Name, "icon-user", false);

To this:

var node = CreateTreeNode(person.Id.ToString(), id, queryStrings, person.Name, "icon-user", false);

I followed the instruction in the readme.md

"to install, simply copy the app_code and app_plugins folder to the root of your site, run the people.sql against the current database, and finally restart your website."

But it is not entirely clear to me what I should be seeing? I was hoping for a custom section - but I can't see any IApplication code for that. Where should the TreeController appear?

Any other similar resources on how to make custom backend stuff for Umbraco 7 would also be highly appreciated by the way.

Best,
    Torben

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 12:15
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 12:35
    Torben Warberg Rohde

Thanks. I have fixed the URL's, but I wasn't seeing any errors before (and I still don't).

Maybe this is obvious, but.....: How will the plugin show itself once I get it working?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 12:38
    Jeroen Breuer

What version of Umbraco are you using? Like I mentioned in the solution there is some heavy cache which you need to clear first.

Jeroen

Apr 10, 2014 @ 13:00
    Torben Warberg Rohde

Ok, found it now. It was actually working, but neither the readme.md or the slides.md mentioned that this was integrated as a part of the "Settings" section...

Anyway - thanks for your suggestions.

• Shaun 248 posts 475 karma points
    Apr 21, 2014 @ 16:57
    Shaun

On a related note. Has anyone noticed some missing pages in the ukfest package?

Clicking on the drink/detox buttons is giving me a 404 on the following pages.

apps_plugins/people/backoffice/peopletree/drink.html and detox.html at the same location.

Looking in the github I notice these files aren't there either. What gives?

• Steve Morgan 1345 posts 4452 karma points c-trib
    May 01, 2014 @ 16:18
    Steve Morgan

@Shaun - I'm trying to do the same thing as you ... I've started making a list of steps here: 

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/developing-umbraco-7-packages/50474-Getting-started-extending-Umbraco-v7?p=0#comment180464

Have you got any further than me yet? 

• Shaun 248 posts 475 karma points
    May 02, 2014 @ 12:16
    Shaun

Hi Steve

Regarding the angular JS Demo I think I got about as far as realising that the drink and detox html files were in the wrong place, and at one instance I did actually get them to amend the avatar on the user when clicked. I think that's as far as I got tho.

I've popped the files from my build into bitbucket so you can have a play. I've not included the database, shout if you want it.

https://bitbucket.org/ShaunChatterton/testumbraco

In the end I pretty much gave up on the angular demo, and a very helpful dev pointed me at this, which I used to build my new custom section with tree.

http://umbraco.github.io/Belle/#/tutorials/Creating-Editors-Trees

I can give you the code for that too, but it's for a client site, so I'd need to anonymise it first, hence no bitbucket. Again, shout if you need it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft