Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas 160 posts 335 karma points
    Apr 25, 2014 @ 16:07
    Thomas

Document Type with Image Gallery

Hi,

I need help as soon as possible. I am developing a travel magazine and i need to create a document type to enter hotels data as well as hotel picture library in order to show that pictures in front-end as image gallery.

Can anyone help on this how to do it?

I am using Umbraco Version 6 and Razor.

Regards

Thomas

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 25, 2014 @ 16:32
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Thomas,

We made same task few days ago. This is our structure: http://screencast.com/t/2xv33Vlctd

You can add any amount of images to each hotel. And it's easy to render gallery on client side or Razor.

Thanks, Alex

• Thomas 160 posts 335 karma points
    Apr 26, 2014 @ 17:36
    Thomas

Thank you for the reply. That is a very nice and easy implementation. But i have a problem. I have old data that i need to migrate them into that type of implementation. Consider that i have a table with articles from the old CMS and another table with the list of the names of the photos. The tables are referenced 1 to many with the ArticleId. So one Article from the articles table might have more than one records in the photos table refenced with the ArticleId.

I was thinking the following steps: 1. Import into Media all the photos 2. Export the list of the photos from the media, create another table in the old database with the list of the data from the media library in order to reference that table with the articles and get the mediaId. With this i have all the old articles and the referenced mediaid from the umbraco library ready to be imported. But i am stuck here. Why? Because using the CMSImport package I cannot import nested data. That means that i cannot for example import one article, then create the subdocuments with the images and then continue with the next article.

Any help on that? How am i going to migrate the old data into the umbraco with yours idea?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft