Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sam 11 posts 31 karma points
    Oct 30, 2009 @ 14:22
    Sam

Hi

In order for me to achieve a single sign on between Umbraco and another online system (lets called it System Q), I need help.  System Q authenticates the users and if successful runs another custom file called authenticated.asp (yes classic ASP).  I was going to redirect this user to another file with .aspx that uses .net code and authenticate the user on Umbraco.

I have a member (lets called him John) set up in Umbraco and I want it to log in automatically as John without going to a login form.  I know the memberid so can anyone suggest the best way to go ahead with this or can provide a small code snippet? I am a newbie at umbraco. I just need it so John can access protected pages in Umbraco.

Regards,

Sam

• Masood Afzal 176 posts 522 karma points
    Oct 30, 2009 @ 14:28
  • Masood Afzal 176 posts 522 karma points
    Oct 30, 2009 @ 14:29
    Oct 30, 2009 @ 14:41
    Sam

Hi Masood,

Can I insert the code into a plain .aspx file or do I need a .cs file  as well?

Cheers,

Sam

Oct 30, 2009 @ 14:47
    Sam

Sorry complete newbie as I am more a basic php developer :-( but I do appreciate the help.

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Oct 30, 2009 @ 14:57
    Chris Koiak

The majority of the code in ClientArea is stored in Xslt extensions. Although these are c# dll the are easily accessible from xslt.

Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft