Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mikkelstrack 26 posts 31 karma points
    Nov 05, 2009 @ 12:56
    mikkelstrack

Send Mail (nibble mail engine) - danish characters problem

Hi,

Im using the great send mail package from nibble.be (http://www.nibble.be/?p=63), but unfortunately there are some problems when sending an email with danish characters.

Does anyone know a work-around on this subject?

Im using Umbraco 4.0.2.1

Thanks
    /Mikkel

Nov 13, 2009 @ 17:16
    mikkelstrack

I solved the problem by getting hand of the source code, and made some changes to the encoding.

If someone needs the Nibble.Umb.MailEngine with support danish characters, please let me know.

• horsted 74 posts 136 karma points
    Nov 13, 2009 @ 20:06
    horsted

Hi Mikkel,

I'm very interested :-) If you wanna send mail please send to horsted-at-hotmail-dot-com

If your changes fixes special characters for other laungages as well, maybe it can be posted under the package page?!?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, horsted

• Soeren Sprogoe 575 posts 259 karma points
    Nov 13, 2009 @ 20:40
    Soeren Sprogoe

Check out these Open Space minutes from Codegarden 09.

Its a major hack. Would be extremely usefull if you could be persuaded to publish your source code somewhere and write a small update at the end of the Wiki! You'll definately score a bunch of karma points from me :-)

Best regards,
    Soeren Sprogoe

Nov 14, 2009 @ 13:11
    mikkelstrack

Hi horsted and Soeren

I just made the changes yesterday, and haven't really have had the time to test it properly. My "test-checklist" so far is:

1) Before it fucked up danish character in Windows Mail. It doesn't now.

2) Im still able to send single- and mass mail.

I have uploaded the new package to a friends server. It can be downloaded here: http://www.europlay.dk/images/adserving/mailengine_0.1.zip

If everythning in the package still work as intended, I'll be happy to write it in wiki of course.

Please comment if any problems.

/Mikkel

• Inmedia 124 posts 176 karma points
    Jun 02, 2010 @ 12:05
    Inmedia

Hi Mikkel

This is VERY helpfull... I didn't know what to do about the problem with the danish characters... This is a life saver :)

Thank for sharing... ;)

// Mikkel Johansen

• Peter Grillo Frederiksen 34 posts 67 karma points
    Jul 30, 2010 @ 10:14
    Peter Grillo Frederiksen

Hey Guys.

I've tried to download the "new" version of the MailEngine Package, but there are still some issues.

How come, that when I receive a mail, it looks perfect when watching it in a mail program such as Windows Mail and Mac OS X Mail. But when I watch a mail, in a Webmail such as unoeuro.com's webmail service, the danish characters are totally wrong?

Can anybody help me out? thx.

// Peter

• Kresten Banke 36 posts 56 karma points
    Aug 12, 2010 @ 18:57
    Kresten Banke

Hi!

I've downloaded the package from the link above (europlay) and am trying to install it in my umbraco installation. However, I get an error when trying to upload.

Do I have to do anything to the zip-file other that just upload it under the "install local package" tab in the developer section?

Hope that you can help - and great work fixing the Danish character issue!

Regards

Kresten

• pikkenix 17 posts 37 karma points
    Nov 09, 2011 @ 09:35
    pikkenix

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I'm having the same issues with characters and Send mail. The zip-file seems to be deleted, anyone have this fix and can send it to me (pikkenix [at] pikkenix.com)?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft