Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Henrik Ladefoged 30 posts 100 karma points
    May 05, 2014 @ 14:35
    Henrik Ladefoged

CropUp - Displaying wrong image with correct crop

We are experiencing very odd behavior on a specific project with CropUp. I have three different crops configured: thumbnail, content and contentwide. CropUp will periodically display the thumbnail version when the content crop is required in the path and the other way around. Minutes later the problem will be gone og appearing on another image.

It's not a client problem since the problem will appear equally on two different client browsers/computer browsing the site at the same time.

Oddly enough the problem doesn't appear when we run the solution locally on our workstations but only on the test and live servers. These test and live servers run other similar installs of Umbraco using CropUp with no problems so we are quite baffled now.

Only difference between the local and test environment is that i use Web Matrix locally to run umbraco with IIS/.net 4.5 on the test/live servers.

Any ideas??

System: Umbraco v. 6.1.6. / CropUp v. 1.0.0β3 / DAMP 2.7

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 05, 2014 @ 19:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Henrik

Is there any useful information regarding cropup in the trace log perhaps?

/Jan

May 06, 2014 @ 09:08
    Henrik Ladefoged

Only "ERROR Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 1] Error creating type Eksponent.CropUp.Umbraco.UmbracoDefaults" which doesn't occur every time the problem appears.

But this log entry also appears when running the project successfully locally on my workstation with no errors.

May 06, 2014 @ 15:29
    Henrik Ladefoged

We purchased/installed the disk/memorycache plugin from imageresizing.net and the problem disappeared

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft