Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rick 92 posts 278 karma points
    May 15, 2014 @ 22:38
    Rick

Generate Password Token

Hi,

I have a requirement to generate a password token to email to an Umbraco member (as opposed to emailing a brand new password).

I know this is possible in the WebSecurity namespace and I am following this tutorial:

http://www.thecodingguys.net/tutorials/asp/webpages-membership-forgot-password-page

However, I'm having trouble getting the WebSecurity.GeneratePasswordResetToken working with Umbraco.

When I enter the correct username to generate the password tokem, I am getting the error:

To call this method, the "Membership.Provider" property must be an instance of "ExtendedMembershipProvider".

I have tried to set my membership provider in web.config but this stops the default Umbraco membership working (and to be honest it doesn't work anyway).

I can't believe that no-one out there hasn't had the same problem / request to get this working so I'm hoping that this reaches someone who has?!

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Rick

• Mahgo 32 posts 152 karma points
    Aug 01, 2016 @ 10:39
    Mahgo

Did you have any luck implementing this? I'm looking for something like this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft