Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sperr0w 48 posts 81 karma points
    Nov 13, 2009 @ 05:14
    sperr0w

Blogs section in umbraco (some number)

Hi!

In my new web site I need to create blogs section where every user can create and support his blog without access to admin console of umbraco ( that is why I can use blog4umbraco. Do u know some way to make it?  may be there is some ready t use platform to support some number of blogs for ASP.Net.

Another is will be better, if authorization in this platform will be on ASP.Net Membership. I want user to tipe in his password only one time for site, forum ( I use YetAnotherForum) and blog.

Sergey.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Nov 13, 2009 @ 08:59
    Dirk De Grave

sperr0w,

You could use Livewriter for each user to admin his own blog. Content channels can be configured for each of your users. You can set a starting node for each of the blogs (/users). Shout if you need some help on setting up content channels, or jump over to tim's excellent post on Livewriter and umbraco.

Authorization in umbraco is based on asp.net membership, so you could create a single sign on between your blog and YAF. I've done that in the past, it requires some coding for syncing and authorization, but it works.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft