Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas 160 posts 335 karma points
    Jun 11, 2014 @ 10:57
    Thomas

Documents Reorganization

Hi,

I have a Folder with a bunch of Hotels (as it looks on the attachment) and now i am getting the following error when i press to open the folder which enumerates all the documents within the Hotels folder.

The incoming request has too many parameters. The server supports a maximum of 2100 parameters. Reduce the number of parameters and resend the request.

enter image description here

I was thinking that this is probably because of the documents amount so i thought that it will be more useful to re-organize the documents into subfolders per country. Is there any way, probably module, component, sample code e.t.c. to accomplish this?

Regards

Thomas S. Kardaridis

• Dr. Sugus 26 posts 101 karma points
    Jun 12, 2014 @ 17:42
    Dr. Sugus

I don't know of any modules, personally; but you can create a script that will do this for you - it's pretty painless.

You could create an aspx page in the root that iterates through these items and creates a folder for each start letter (unless it already exists), then moves the item to that folder. You can follow the api docs here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/api-cheatsheet

Once you've done this, it'll be really easy to adjust to future needs, shall they come; so keep the script :) just make sure you remove it from the root once you're done using it :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft