Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sg 33 posts 83 karma points
    Jun 24, 2014 @ 22:28
    sg

How to create a page with bunch of static links to pdfs? Please Help!!

I have a webpage that has various reports listed for different cities/couties etc. Each city is will be hyperlinked to open a PDF Document. There are 100's of PDF documents. I need to be able to upload these 100's of PDF document in one shot and each document should have a stitic url associated with it. So that I can use this url in some other parent page to open up these reports.

Please help me if anyone has done something similar.

Thanks so much in advance.

sg.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 24, 2014 @ 22:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sg

What version of Umbraco are you using? There has been drag'n'drop upload since late v4 if I remember correctly.

What do you mean by static link? Should it be something else than the default /media/1029/filename.pdf ?

If you place a media picker on your document type you can pick any pdf you would like or you can pick the whole folder or configure a MNTP and make it possible to pick from the media section.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers, Jan

• sg 33 posts 83 karma points
    Jun 25, 2014 @ 17:30
    sg

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply. I did not work with media at all so was not aware that it has drag and drop functionality. I think for my purpose i can drop all the 100 pdfs to the media at a time. Then i can create a template and use these media via the media picker and the webpage will be ready. Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Shilpi

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 25, 2014 @ 19:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shilpi

Ok - As long as you got an idea for a workaround. Another option could perhaps be to copy the files to a folder in your solution where you can then use the file picker in ucomponents as demoed here http://ucomponents.org/data-types/file-picker/ (This won't be possible in 7 though since uComponents is not supported).

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft