Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mounhim Tahtahi 41 posts 62 karma points
    Jul 21, 2014 @ 14:20
    Mounhim Tahtahi

Complete mess up with 6.2.1

I almost get a deja-vue with the upgrade to 6.2.1. and the version 5 debacle. I truly find that Umbraco still has not learned from that debacle. I know it is hard to cope with all the custom development developers all over the world have made, but sometimes I find the way changes are made unrespectful of the customers.

To 6.2.1 the log says no big changes or breaking changes. Yet everything breaks. I hope someone can help out even if I have started this post in not such a nice way.

The issues:

1. All of the forms stopped working and gave me a message that the controller is not found. I had to change all the views and change BeginUmbracoForm("action", "controller") into BeginUmbracoForm("action"). This was nowhere stated that it needs to be done.

2. The membership has changed. In the documentation it mentions a small change in the web.config file. However this is a huge change and should not have been in a minor release. Now I cannot maintain any of my member because I get the message that there is no editor available when requires user name and password is true. And the funny thing is when I look in the source code it says: 

protected override void OnLoad(System.EventArgs e)

{
                base.OnLoad(e);
                if (Membership.Providers[this.MembershipProviderName] == null)
                {
                    throw new ProviderException("The membership provider " + this.MembershipProviderName + " was not found");
                }
                if (this.Provider.RequiresQuestionAndAnswer)
                {
                    throw new System.NotSupportedException("Currently the user editor does not support providers that have RequiresQuestionAndAnswer specified");
                }
            }

So basically Umbraco now forbids us the use of Question and Answer when resetting a password. How about that.

Anyways I am now required to move back to previous version and throw away 2 days work. And also stick to the bug that the username of user cannot be edited.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft