Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jon Herrell 13 posts 67 karma points
    Aug 11, 2014 @ 18:50
    Jon Herrell

Event cancellation message for user

Using Umbraco 7.1, I created an IApplicationEventHandler subclass, and hooked into ContentService.Trashing. In that code, I do an e.Cancel=true to cancel the event from occurring for a certain ContentType.Alias. That part all works.

However, the user gets no information about what happened. How can I send an error message back to the backoffice user about the cancelled event?

• Bo Damgaard Mortensen 719 posts 1207 karma points
    Aug 11, 2014 @ 19:00
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

Hi Jon,

I'm not entirely sure that method chaining has been implemented to the speechbubble yet. I couldn't find any documentation on it, so if someone else knows about this, please let me know :-)

While I know this is not a pretty solution, have you tried to simply throw an exception? I remember exceptions being shown as speechbubbles in v. 6.x.x at leat :-)

Aug 11, 2014 @ 19:19
    Jon Herrell

I just tried throwing an exception. Because the event handler never returns true or false, the backoffice never sees the end of the event and gets stuck in a "processing mode" with a status bar on the node. I do get an error message saying "Failed to delete node xxx", but it's not my exception message.

Aug 11, 2014 @ 19:21
    Jon Herrell

Am I approaching this in the wrong way by using events? Should I be modifying the Delete action in the AngularJS backoffice somehow? If so, where do I find more information about that process?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft