Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Burla 2560 posts 8256 karma points
    Dec 07, 2009 @ 20:10
    Anders Burla

How to make settings for a macro - custom datatype

Hi,

Im going to make a macro to insert pagegangster on your website, but the macro need some settings to configure. But what is the best way to do that. I need the following settings.

Open in new window, Open in same frame, make inline - this would nice to show in a dropdown but then my package would need to install a custom datatype, is that the best way?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 07, 2009 @ 20:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anders

Maybe you just need to use the ultimate picker data type? You just need to define, which node from your content tree should be the parent from, which you want to select nodes.

If I got it all wrong then I would suggest that you take a look at Tim's blog post about making custom datatypes, which you can find here: http://www.nibble.be/?p=50

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Anders Burla 2560 posts 8256 karma points
    Dec 07, 2009 @ 20:48
    Anders Burla

The ultimate picker i dont think is an option as  i will have to create content nodes when installing the package and that i dont want. A new custom datatype could solve it but i thought i could be solved with a new datatype with the dropdown as render control and then 3 pre defined values and then send them to the package. Is that the way to go?

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Dec 07, 2009 @ 21:09
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

This was the reason why I've build the MacoPicker datatype a while back, check it out here. Basically you can edit the macro parameters in your content form when adding the macro to your page. 1 remark Umbraco 4.1 will be shipped with an improved version

Cheers,

Richard

• NM71 10 posts 30 karma points
    Aug 16, 2012 @ 16:28
    NM71

thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft