Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Dec 11, 2009 @ 01:00
    Nigel Wilson

XSLT Search to Output List of Members

I have a members login area where I have been able to create a user control to list all members within the same Member Group.

I also would like ot provide Search functionality as some "companies" may end up having up to 100 members.

Can the XSLT search package cope with searching member records ? From what I have tried / read it cannot as this data is stored differently to content.

Can anyone enlighten ? Will I need to write a custom SQL query ?

Thanks

Nigel

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Dec 11, 2009 @ 09:56
    Ismail Mayat

Nigel,

You could do it in xslt but you would need to write an xslt extension that makes use of the umbraco api, that would need to return xml.  The calls can then be made to that method in xslt search.  You could also use custom sql in the xslt extension method and do the search that way.  I do recall some optimised sql someone had posted on old forum see here 

Regards

Ismail

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Dec 11, 2009 @ 10:05
    Douglas Robar

Ismail is right about searching members... you'd just need an XSLT extension that can query the member data (you might even be able to do that with inline c# in the xslt itself without needing an extension). Then you'd update XSLTsearch to search the member information instead.

But if you simply mean that you have content that is protected and only visible to some members when they are logged in to the site... XSLTsearch will only return results to unprotected pages and those protected pages that the website visitor has access to (that is, he's a member of the site and has logged in and the search results will show all the pages that member has access too even if other members wouldn't be able to view some of those pages).

cheers,
    doug.

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jan 07, 2010 @ 21:51
    Nigel Wilson

Hi there

Thanks for your previous replies.

This curly issue has again bubbled to the top of my list of things to do !

I have a "front-end" members area where you are able to list / search all members.

What I ideally want to be able to do is modify XSLT search so that it searches the member data as defined in the member types.

So the search fields need to be the member type fields but I have no idea where to start in respect of defining these fields.

I have already started work on a sql query and can access the member type fields as follows but doing it this way will end up with a very lengthy SQL query:

SELECT CAST(cmsContentXml.xml as xml).value('(node/data[@alias="usrFirstName"])[1]', 'nvarchar(MAX)') AS FirstName,

Any ideas will be greatfully received

Thanks

Nigel

• Md Johirul Islam 37 posts 57 karma points
    Oct 12, 2011 @ 18:55
    Md Johirul Islam

I install XSLT package every thing working fine. But the problem is when i type into the search input box the result is show in my target page and near the input search box. Any one know why it happen. Please provide me the solution..... Thank you.......

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft