Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• chris cameron 36 posts 56 karma points
    Dec 15, 2009 @ 21:07
    chris cameron

member types and groups

This is the scenario, I have a member group of X which is associated with a member type of Y. I also have a member created with member type Z and associated with Member group X.

So two members associated with one group each member of a different member type.

I want to be able to login to the front end as group X and list all Members associated with me(my member group) irrespective of Member type.

Is it possible to write xslt output associated with member types? ie I want to change the naivigation depending on member type? I see that member types have node id number associated but how do I reference them?

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Dec 15, 2009 @ 22:18
    Douglas Robar

There aren't any built-in ways to list the members in a membergroup from xslt. You'd really need an xslt extension to do that.

But since this question has come up numerous times over the years you should be able to google for 'umbraco xslt member group' and find a number of good resources. This older post from Casey is an excellent place to start... http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postst9591_Getting-Members-Groups-From-Member-ID-in-XSLT.aspx

cheers,
    doug.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft