Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shafeeq 17 posts 87 karma points
    Nov 30, 2014 @ 08:11
     Shafeeq

UserContole link not working

Hai,

I am using umbraco v6.1.6, in my project I have one usercontrole which links to another usercontrole in another page.

When I click the submit button from first user controle it shows an error 

The file '/Aglist.aspx' does not exist.

Please help me..

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 30, 2014 @ 10:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shafeeq

Where is the /Aglist.aspx file placed on your disk? And where is the usercontrol from, which you're trying to call this file placed?

/Jan

• jivan thapa 194 posts 681 karma points
    Nov 30, 2014 @ 10:38
    jivan thapa

try using "~/Your usercontrol file path`"

Nov 30, 2014 @ 11:11
     Shafeeq

Dear Jan Skovgaard,

I have two usercontoles,one is "Agentsearch" and the other is "agentList" (a listview of agent search result).I placed Agentsearch usercontrole in home page.I want to open the agent list in another page called 'Aglist.aspx'' when I click search button from home page, this page containing my second usercontrole "agentList"

Protected Sub btnSearch_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles btnSearch.Click
          Server.Transfer("Aglist.aspx?Country=" & dlsCountry.SelectedValue & "&City=" & txtCity.Text & "&Address=" & txtBranch.Text)
    End Sub

regards,

Shafeeq

Nov 30, 2014 @ 15:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shafeeq

Ok - But I think the only issue in this case is the path reference is wrong.

But since I don't know where the files in your project is placed it's hard to figure out what is missing from the path :) Are the user controls placed in the same directory?

I suppose you have placed both User controls inside the /usercontrols dictionary? But are they both in the same subfolder or do they have unique subfolders?

As Jivan writes all you perhaps need to do is adding the ~in front of the path - That won't help however if something is missing from the path though.

/Jan

Dec 01, 2014 @ 06:17
     Shafeeq

Hai,

I have placed both user controle in same folder named "usercontrols "..

Please see the screenshot.

Dec 01, 2014 @ 07:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shafeeq

Ok, but it seems you're spelling the name of the Aglist.ascx control wrong? Should'nt it be Agentlist.ascx? At least that's what the name is in the screendump you posted.

So either this

~/Agentlist.ascx

or

~/usercontrols/Agentlist.ascx

Should work.

/Jan

Dec 01, 2014 @ 11:18
     Shafeeq

Hi jan,

I am not calling the user controle Agentlist.ascx but I am calling another content page "Aglist.aspx" which contains the usercontrole Agentlist.ascx.

regards..

Shafeeq 

Dec 01, 2014 @ 11:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shafeeq

Ah yes, sorry.

But the Aglist.aspx - Where in your Umbraco tree is it located? If you browse the node from within Umbraco what is the path then?

/Jan

Dec 01, 2014 @ 11:32
     Shafeeq

Hai Jan,
    The path is showing here  Aglist.aspx but when review that page it shows path 1080.aspx,then I changed the path Aglist.aspx to 1080.aspx,But no luck..!

Dec 01, 2014 @ 11:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shafeeq

Ok...hmm, and if you click the url does the page then exist or does it return a 404 page?

I just looked over your code again and I noticed that the forward slash is missing where you're trying to call the page. What happens if you add a forward slash so it looks like this:

Protected Sub btnSearch_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles btnSearch.Click
          Server.Transfer("Aglist.aspx?Country=" & dlsCountry.SelectedValue & "&City=" & txtCity.Text & "&Address=" & txtBranch.Text)
    End Sub

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft