Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brice 11 posts 70 karma points
    Dec 11, 2014 @ 16:52
    Brice

Relations Viewing - Is it possible to add a "tab" to the content pane programmatically

I am currently using Umbraco 7.1.8 to develop a site that is using relations pretty heavily. I love the Umbraco Relation Editor package - it works great and does what I need it to do.

Now I would like the client to be able to view related documents in a grid view. I would like to "discover" when loading a content item in the editor if that item has any relations, and if so add a tab to its editor pane with a custom title and a grid view of the related content items (maybe a tab per relation type... there arent that many... mostly one relation type per content type).

I know I could add a tab manually in the Document Type set up (in Settings), but I wanted to do this automatically/programatically if a relation was discovered.

Is it possible to add a tab to the content editor pane/area programatically (not the TinyMCE, but the whole content pane), for example, a tab next to the "Properties" tab when the item is selected to be viewed/edited?

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 06, 2015 @ 16:47
    Tim

In v6, it was possible, because it was a webform, and you could hook into the page render events and add tabs. In v7 it's all Angular, so it's probably going to have to all be done on the client side rather than server side (in theory this should be possible). I'm afraid I'm not 100% sure how you'd do that though, as I'm still learning the v7/Angular stuff.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft