Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vishal G.P 62 posts 122 karma points
    Jan 15, 2015 @ 09:59
    Vishal G.P

Azure UTC timezone + umbraco scheduled publishing question

Hey guys,

i'm running umbraco 7 website in Azure.

The problem is, that azure VM timezone is UTC and the client is location in GMT + 1.

So if azure shows 8:00 am, it is 9:00 am for the client.

The problem is that they have problems with their scheduled publishing. If they want to publish something at 15:00, and they set the time to 15:00, it is actually published at 16:00 locally.

Now i've checked if azure allows to change the server timezone, but its not recommended..http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6504153/migration-from-local-server-to-azure-timezone-utc-how-to-solve

Another option they say is to use UTC and convert the time to local time. But since the scheduled publishing is a built in feature in umbraco, i was hoping if you guys know a clever way of solving my problem.

Thanks in advance.

• Govi 14 posts 35 karma points
    Jun 01, 2016 @ 18:55
    Govi

Hello,

How did you resolve this? We're into the similar situation with our setup. Any thoughts on this would be helpful.

Thanks!!

• Robert Sikkens 5 posts 76 karma points
    Jun 01, 2016 @ 22:30
  • Govi 14 posts 35 karma points
    Jun 01, 2016 @ 22:41
    Govi

hmm i see. We have websites for all regions hosted in Umbraco. So, I need to support "Publish at" feature to work for all country users.

One thing I have in mind is to add the country offset value to the date and update the releaseDate property. But, this will show the customized updated date to the user and it may confuse them.

Looking to hear more options to this situation!

Thanks!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft