Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Graham 22 posts 90 karma points
    Jan 26, 2015 @ 18:32
    Robert Graham

Tab Validation - Extending the membership area

Hi,

Hoping someone has found a good way to fix this issue.

I have extended the membership area of a 4.11 site by adding in tabs and then on each of these tabs adding in properties that are mapped to my own custom user controls.

Each of these user controls has some relevent form fields and a save button.  The required field validators and submit buttons all have there own custom validation groups set so each tabs content does not interfere with each other.

All this works great.

To avoid usability issues when the tabs first load some script runs that hides are shows the standard umbraco save button unless the user is in the standard Membership properties tab that contains log in name etc.

Again all works great.

However, when I hit the standard umbraco save button on the properties page, it fires all the validators and reports that there have been save errors.  When I look at each tab I can see it has caused the validators to fire in each control.

Is there a nice way of stopping this behaviour in Umbraco so that it does not try to run the validators on my custom controls within each tab?

Many thanks

Rob

• Robert Graham 22 posts 90 karma points
    Jan 26, 2015 @ 18:46
    Robert Graham

Should also add to this question that when I look at the validator in source there is no items listed within it.

It simply states There were errors but shows no content.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft