Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rae Melton 10 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 03, 2015 @ 23:33
    Rae Melton

Action/Process Button for Document Types

Hi! I'm putting together a new website for a client who currently creates event content posts on the Umbraco website and then copies information over manually into Constant Contact for an email newsletter.

I'm looking for a way to set up a button or link my user can click in the Umbraco Backoffice that will pull the other property values (like a razor query) so that I can convert them into JSON to feed into the Constant Contact API.

I've read a little bit about writing custom property editors where you can define the HTML that would appear for the property on the content item, and I figure I could put a link or button there, but I'm not sure how to pull in the other data for that content item (like Name, Url, StartDate, etc.). I'm also not quite convinced a custom property editor is the best way to go either, but I'm pretty unfamiliar with all the different options to extend the backoffice.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

I'm currently using Umbraco 7 on ASP.NET 4.5

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 21, 2015 @ 21:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Rae

Don't know if you have already found a solution for this - But if you have not then i think CMSimport might be of interest. It makes it really easy to import and map data from an XML feed for instance.

So if you can generate a XML feed from your clients data then you can setup CMSimport to import data automatically for instance. Please notice it's a commerical package but it's well worth the money if it suits your needs etc.

/Jan

• Rae Melton 10 posts 72 karma points
    Aug 10, 2015 @ 19:41
    Rae Melton

Hi Jan

Thanks for the suggestion, but it looks like this product is for importing information INTO Umbraco (unless I'm not fully reading the description). My clients want to generate the content in Umbraco first, and then push it out via Constant Contact; I require an exporting process.

I can figure out the last half of my process, taking the Razor data and generating the pass-off to Constant Contact, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to initialize this process from the Umbraco Backoffice so that only content editors can trigger the export.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft