Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ariel Plon 14 posts 123 karma points
    Mar 23, 2015 @ 22:37
    Ariel Plon

Umbraco 6.2.5 Custom Memership overriding UsersMembershipProvider

Hey guys. I am creating a site that needs to integrate with Dynamics CRM. The site's final users must be in CRM, so I need to create a custom membership provider. All is good till now, the custom membership provider workds ok, authenticating users as expected against CRM.

The problem arroused whrn trying to log in to the Umbraco backend. For some strange reason, my Membership provider is getting called from the Umbraco backend login window. If I comment out the custom provider, then I can log into the Umbraco Backend, but every time the custom provider is present in web.config, then my routines get fired.

I tried to inherit the custom membership provider both from System.Web.Security.MembershipProvider AND from Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.MembersMembershipProvider, with the same result. So the only way to access Umbraco Backend is to comment out the custom membership provider in web.config.

Here is a excerpt from web.config with the providers:

<membership defaultProvider="UsersMembershipProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="15">

<providers>

<clear />

<add name="XrmMembershipProvider" type="xmsbs.providers.bllXrmMembership" enablePasswordRetrieval="true" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" requiresUniqueEmail="true" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="6" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" passwordAttemptWindow="10" applicationName="XMS Extranet" />

<add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.MembersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="4" useLegacyEncoding="false" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="Member" passwordFormat="Hashed" />

<add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.UsersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="4" useLegacyEncoding="false" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" />

</providers>

</membership>

Any guidance on how to solve this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards, Ariel

• Ariel Plon 14 posts 123 karma points
    Mar 24, 2015 @ 16:48
    Ariel Plon

Sorry, the problem IS NOT SOLVED!!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Regards, ariel

PS: How do i unmark as solved?

• Lokesh kumar Chippada 44 posts 249 karma points
    Mar 23, 2016 @ 13:56
    Lokesh kumar Chippada

I think there is no option to unmark as solved. Try to delete it

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft