Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Axel 68 posts 96 karma points
    Jun 10, 2015 @ 19:19
    Axel

Searching for simple Forum Software for Umbraco 7.x with custom membership

Hi, iam looking so a simple Forum for Umbraco 7.x with custom membership provider for our intranet solution. is there currently something available?

• Kevin Jump 2312 posts 14698 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 10, 2015 @ 20:19
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

The dialouge package is a port of MVC forums for umbraco, its a complete forum package with authentication, membership management. api, polls, spam protection and all that jazz. if you want a full forum i would recommend that.

However, if you just want something simple that is forums and nothing else (so using whatever membership system you already have - if that's what you mean by custom) Than Simpily Forums is just that - it's basic forums that use umbraco nodes as forums and threads, it's much simpler (hence the name).

Disclaimer: I wrote simpily forums for an intranet because i didn't want all the extra bits (especially the membership stuff) that Dialouge was doing.

Dialogue does full forums, but probably takes a bit more to integrate with an existing site - while simply is just a couple of macros so fits in easily - but it doesn't offer all the snazzy features.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft